Things I'm working on now, in the descending order of how much time I spend on them:
- PhD in quantum information at the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics — due to finish this year.
— working on my dissertation
— deriving some lovely exponentiated parameters for disordered many-body systems
— writing up sexy analytical papers on disordered many-body systems
— begging LaTeX to please be a good boy for just five minutes
- Part-time MSc in politics & technology at the Bavarian School of Public Policy. Courses in the summer semester 2019/2020:
— Introduction to Science and Technology Policy
— Political Data Science
— Emerging Technologies and International Security
— Law and Governance of Artificial Intelligence
- Technical writing and Tool & Library Qualification podcast at Validas AG — a deep dive into safety standards for software development.
— moderating and producing podcast episodes on a part-time basis
- Freelance consulting at SpaceTec Partners — a boutique consultancy specializing in space-related and innovative technologies for the public sector.
- Coleading the Science Policy — Communication & Advocacy subgroup at EuroScience — a non-profit grassroots association of researchers in Europe.
- Taking care of pets and plants.
— my spoiled cat is named Deimos (the Greek god of war or one of the moons of Mars); he has chronic asthma, loves playing fetch and does tricks like a champ
— I rear beautiful beetles; the moist soil in their terrariums makes the whole room smell like the forest floor
— my carnivorous plants are trivial to keep and a joy to have
Things I've consciously put on hiatus: