Things I'm working on now, in the descending order of how much time I spend on them:
- Full-time (remote) job in the Xanadu/PennyLane Community Team.
- PhD in quantum information at the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics.
- Part-time MSc in politics & technology at the Bavarian School of Public Policy.
- Taking care of pets and plants.
— Deimos, my asthmatic and entirely too energetic asshat of a cat
— beautiful beetles
— carnivorous plants, which I constantly recommend to everyone
- Geocaching — whenever possible, on trees (see above 😉).
- Part-time Outreach Assistant position at Helmholtz AI.
- Freelance work as a science and technology communicator and consultant.
Things I've consciously put on hiatus:
- Running Munich Shut Up & Write! meetups — writing sessions and peer support/pressure for any type of writing you can imagine.
Some old activities I'm proud of:
- Successfully became C1 fluent in German in 2022
- Coleading the Science Policy — Communication & Advocacy subgroup at EuroScience, a non-profit grassroots association of researchers in Europe
— advocating and advising for science policy and communication activities of European researchers, 2018–2022
- Presenting planetarium shows at the ESO Supernova, a beautiful, state-of-the art visitor center of the European Southern Observatory, staffed by some of the kindest and most passionate people in the industry.
— live planetarium shows with as much audience interaction as possible
— volunteering to spend time in my personal happy place
— moved away at the start of the pandemic
- Full-time senior consultant for market development role at SpaceTec Partners.
— communications consulting and project management in the public sector
— focus on space technologies and cutting-edge intergovernmental projects
— resigned in October 2021
- Technical writing and Tool & Library Qualification podcast at Validas AG (as a working student) — a deep dive into safety standards for software development.
— moderating and producing podcast episodes on a part-time basis
— advising on public relations strategies for the English-speaking market
— moved on to a different position in late 2020