Things I'm working on now, in the descending order of how much time I spend on them:
- Narrative design & PR for Quantum Game 2 — a puzzle video game project funded by the Center for Quantum Technologies and the reason why I temporarily moved to Singapore. It took me a grand total of 14 hours in the country to decide I love this place.
- Term papers for courses I took at the Bavarian School of Public Policy — those deadlines really sneak up on you. I recently got admitted to their MSc program in Politics & Technology, which means I'll be investigating how to regulate new quantum technologies in the near future!
- PhD in quantum information at the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics — currently on unpaid leave so I can scribble away in Singapore, but due to finish in June 2020.
- Technical writing and Tool & Library Qualification podcast at Validas AG — a deep dive into safety standards for software development.
- Educational videos for a company that cannot yet be named (contracts, schmontracts) — my first experiences with talking-into-the-camera video and a project that's bound to be interesting.
Things I've consciously put on hiatus:
- Training my spoiled cat to do tricks — he's actually adorable and I'll spam it up with video clips on Instagram as soon as I'm back home from Singapore.
- Hanging out with some of my beautiful beetles — they're giant flower beetles (Mecynorhina torquata ugandensis), colorful and full of personality, and the moist soil in their terrarium sometimes makes my flat smell like a forest.
- Running planetarium shows at the ESO Supernova — it's a brilliant science center, free to visit, and run by some amazing people whom I miss lots. Will be back in the saddle in January.
- Munich Shut Up & Write! meetups — writing sessions and peer support/pressure for any type of writing you can imagine. Our community is full of lovely, clever, friendly writers.